Global Tissue Expander Market size is estimated to be valued over US$ 1,231 million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 9.1% between 2019 and 2028. In the last few years, the reconstruction procedure has increased impressively. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), over 18 million underwent surgical and minimally invasive procedures in U.S. in 2018. This is almost 3X higher than that in 2013. The trend is expected to be same in another ten years owing to people’s sentiments towards self-outlook. Higher number of cosmetic surgeries/reconstruction will propel the demand for tissue expander worldwide.
Key Trends and Factors Driving Tissue Expander Market Demand:
- Breast augmentation was the most widely used reconstruction procedure in 2018. Over 313 thousand such procedures were carried out in 2018. Breast reconstruction procedure will continue to grow at 4.9% CAGR till 2018, driven by increasing number of breast cancer cases.
- Companies are focusing on developing innovative products in order to meet regulatory compliances with high level of safety standards. Recently, in 2018, MENTOR Worldwide LLC introduced tissue expander with a smooth surface to its line of CPX4 Breast Tissue Expanders in the United States.
- FDA clearance will further boost the demand of range of products. In 2016, FDA approved AeroForm tissue expander for patients who opts for reconstructive procedures mastectomy. In continuation to this, AirXpanders received FDA Clearance to market smooth shell version of AeroForm tissue expander in July 2019.
- While the industry is expected to continue to register significant growth, product side-effects and negative sentiments could lead to product recall scenario. The market will register cut-throat competition, wherein companies will be focusing on strengthening the distribution channel.
Global Tissue Expander Market Size, Analysis across Segments:
- On the basis of reconstruction procedure, the industry revenue is analyzed across forehead and scalp reconstruction, breast reconstruction, face and neck reconstruction, tummy and thighs reconstruction and others. Among these breast reconstructions accounted for the highest share in 2018. The segment will continue to register upward trajectory growth with rise in overall incidence cases. Over 20% of women opt for breast reconstruction procedure
- On the basis of shape, the industry revenue is analyzed across round, rectangle, crescent and anatomical. In 2018, anatomical products dominated the industry share due to its higher degree of projections. It is mainly seen in breast augmentation procedure. While anatomical segment will dominate the share, round shape expanders will exhibit fastest growth owing to its usage in face and neck applications, which is registering double digit growth.
- On the basis of end-use, the revenue is analyzed across hospitals, cancer institutes, dermatology centers, and others. Among these, majority of the procedure was carried out in hospitals. Hospitals accounted for 81% market share in 2018.
Global Tissue Expander Market Size, Regional Analysis:
In 2018, North America tissue expander market dominated the global share. The region is saturated with leading companies accounting for the highest revenue share. Well established healthcare infrastructure along with high per capita healthcare expenditure has strengthen the market growth in the region. Moreover, consumers in North America spends relatively higher on cosmetic surgeries.
Western Europe trails behind the North America. Western Europe tissue expander market generated US$ 319 million revenues for the industry players. Majority of sales revenue was from France, Germany and UK, collectively accounting major share in the region.
Asia Pacific is set to register fastest growth during the forecast period. The region holds highest addressable market, however, lower healthcare spending and dearth of specialized health personnel has restrained full scale growth capability. Changing macroeconomic conditions is expected to boost the sales in the region especially in India and ASEAN countries.
Global Tissue Expander Market Size, Competition Landscape:
Some of the key industry players covered in the report are:
- Allergan Plc.
- PMT Corporation
- Establishment Labs S.A.
- GC Aesthetics Plc.
- HansBiomed Co., Ltd
- Sientra Inc.
- Specialty Surgical Products, Inc.
- Mentor Worldwide LLC.
By Reconstruction Procedure:
- Breast Reconstruction
- Single Stage Breast Reconstruction
- Two Stage Breast Reconstruction
- Forehead Skin and Scalp Reconstruction
- Face and Neck Reconstruction
- Tummy and Thigs Reconstruction
- Cancer Institutes
- Dermatology Centers
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Apheresis Equipment market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Apheresis Equipment market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period?
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Apheresis Equipment market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Apheresis Equipment industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Apheresis Equipment industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth?
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Sleep Diagnostic Systems market research report will give clients access to 120-minute telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.