In 2019, the global starch market value is estimated to be at US$ 34.0 Bn. Accordingly to Bekryl Market Analysts, the global starch market volume is estimated to reach 93.9 Mn tonnes in 2019. This is primarily driven by strong growth in the potato and cassava starch segments. In addition, increasing demand of high fructose corn syrups (HFCS) in a range of food and beverages and steady growth of paper industry are expected to boost growth of the global starch market in the near future.
Some key insights from the global starch market, 2019 edition are
- Corn starch segment currently dominates the global starch market with 76.3% revenue share and is valued at US$ 26 Bn in 2019
- The global cassava starch market value is estimated to be at US$ 4.8 Billion
- The global cassava starch market volume is estimated to reach 10.3 Mn tonnes
- The global potato starch market is estimated to be valued at US$ 1.2 Bn in 2019
- The global wheat starch market is estimated to be valued at US$ 2.1 Bn in 2019
Global Starch Market Regional Analysis:
In 2019, North America and Europe is estimated to collectively account for over 60% revenue share followed by Asia Pacific with 29.7%. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to register significant growth in the near future, due to increasing growth in the pharmaceutical, textile and food & beverage industry.
In terms of corn starch segment, the market in US and China accounts for the largest revenue share. The demand for corn starch in China is primarily driven by growing starch sugar application as it acts as a cheaper alternative as a sweetening agent compared to other products. In addition, the increasing demand for corn starch in the pharmaceutical industry is also expected to drive growth of market in the near future.
In the tapioca starch segment, the market in US currently dominates the global consumption with over 40% revenue share. This segment is anticipated to register significant growth during the forecast period, as it is among the least costly starch product in market currently.
Global Top 10 Starch Manufacturers Analysis, Insights, and Trends:
Key players in the ecosystem focus on partnership, expansion, and new launches in order to broaden their product portfolio and enhance their presence in emerging regions
- In October 2018, Ingredion Incorporated announced plans to invest US$ 60 Mn in APAC. With this, the company will expand its modified starch plant capacity and improve corn wet-milling capacity in China.
- In January 2019, Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) partnered with General Starch Limited (GSL), a Thailand-based tapioca starch producer, in order broaden its starch portfolio. Under this agreement, ADM will have exclusive distribution rights of the latter company’s modified tapioca starch products in the majority of countries in Europe and Middle East & Africa.
- In February 2019, Cargill, Inc. announced plans to invest US$ 22.5 Mn in its starch production plant located at Sas Van Gent, The Netherlands, in order to expand the instant starch capacity and cater to growing demand for convenience foods market.
The top global starch manufacturers in 2019 are:
- Cargill, Inc.
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- The Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Zhucheng Xingmao Corn Developing Co., Ltd.
- Global Bio-chem Technology Group Company Limited
- Tereos Starch & Sweeteners Europe
- China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs Corporation (COFCO)
- General Starch Limited
By Product Type:
- Native Starch
- Modified Starch
- Food and Beverages
- Corrugated Board and Adhesives
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the starch manufacturers market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the starch manufacturers market revenue is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the starch manufacturers market in near future
- Which current and upcoming technologies will shape up the starch manufacturers market?
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the starch manufacturers industry during the forecast period
- Who are the starch manufacturers industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth?
- Industry exclusive use cases
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Starch Manufacturers
- Distributors and Suppliers
- Raw Material Providers
- Consultants and Analysts
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of global starch market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.