Global Small Joint Reconstructive Implants Market size is estimated to be valued over US$ 7,811 million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 5.9% between 2019 and 2028. Small joint replacement procedure has always been far from ideal positions, however, recent developments has made industry to be more agile with higher success rate. Procedural volumes in small joint implant market is driven by rising geriatric population group and product innovation.
Key Trends and Factors Driving Small Joint Reconstructive Implants Market Demand:
- A range of key developments were seen in the market in last few years. The trend is likely to be the same throughout the forecast period. Product development will continue to be the major trend in the industry. Race towards best products with high safety standards has led companies to spend heavily on R&D. Industry players are spending on product R&D to gain higher market traction. Recently, in July 2019, DJO Global announced the launch of AltiVate Reverse Short Stem – designed for reverse shoulder arthroplasty. On February 2019, Paragon 28 launched soft tissue fixation device for foot and ankle. As per the company, the product leverages titanium threaded implant for optimal fixation of soft tissue to bone. In 2018, Depuy Synthes launched DYNACORD suture to repair soft tissue injury.
- Few companies are expected to focus on enhancing distribution channel and opt for inorganic growth strategy, considering increasing market competition. Recently in February 2019, Colfax Corporation acquired DJO Global, Inc.
Global Small Joint Reconstructive Implants Market Size, Analysis across Segments:
- On the basis of product type, the industry revenue is analyzed across bone cements, shoulders, elbows, digits, ankles, and wrists. Among these, bone cements dominated the market with 47% market share, followed by shoulders. Elbows, digits, wrists and ankles contributed minimal share to the revenue. Bone cements will continue to register fastest growth during the forecast period.
- On the basis of material, the industry revenue is analyzed across metal and polymer. Among these, polymer formed the largest segment in 2018.
- On the basis of end-use, the revenue is analyzed across hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, specialized clinics and others. 79% of the small joints implants procedure was carried out in hospitals in 2018. The trend is likely to be the same throughout the forecast period.
Global Small Joint Reconstructive Implants Market Size, Regional Analysis:
In 2018, North America accounted for the highest revenue share. Small joint reconstructive implants Industry players generated over US$ 2,872 million in 2018. The region is well equipped with state of art modern healthcare technology as well as best-in-class hospital infrastructure. Per capita spending in the region is relatively higher compared to the rest of the world. As a result, leading companies have higher focus on capitalizing the market in North America. While, the regional market is highly competitive, existing industry players have been able to generate good revenue share. These companies adopt long term distribution channels to ensure market presence in the region.
Western Europe small joint reconstructive implants market stands next to North America. Germany, UK and France collectively accounted for 73% market share in the region. While the region offers high market opportunity, intensifying cost and service pressures has led vendors to optimize distribution channel. Growth in the market is flat with CAGR of 3.1% between 2019 and 2028.
Asia Pacific small joint reconstructive implants market is the fastest growing region. Growth in the region is attributed to lower surgical costs. Moreover, funding through foreign investment has increased in the region since 2010. Planned investment in the region will bolster healthcare infrastructure.
Global Small Joint Reconstructive Implants Market Size, Competition Landscape:
Some of the key industry players covered in the report are:
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Smith & Nephew plc
- DePuy Synthes Companies
- Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation
- DJO Global Inc.
- Exactech Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- Orthofix Medical Inc.
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Arthrex Inc.
- Acumed LLC
- Bone Cements
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Small Joint Reconstructive Implants market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Small Joint Reconstructive Implants market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period?
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Small Joint Reconstructive Implants market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Small Joint Reconstructive Implants industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Small Joint Reconstructive Implants industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth?
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Sleep Diagnostic Systems market research report will give clients access to 120-minute telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.