Global Oilseeds Market Size Analysis, 2019-2028
|REPORT ID: BR1080||Domain: Food & Beverages||Published Date: August 2019|
|Pages: 300+||Format: PDF|
In 2019, the global oilseeds market size is estimated to be valued at US$ 261.4 Bn primarily driven by growing feed industry, growing demand for non-GMO oilseed, government initiatives, etc. In addition, the growing demand of the protein meal market has led to the steady production of oilseed over recent years. According to Bekryl, the global oilseeds is estimated to account for 590 Mn tonnes in 2019.
Crushing oilseeds into cakes and oils currently dominates the total consumptions and is expected to register faster growth rate compared to direct household consumption. By 2029, the cake and oil segments are expected to reach 88% of the world production.
Currently the soybean segment dominates the global oilseeds market with 61.2% revenue share in 2019. However, this segment is expected to register nominal growth rate during the forecast period, due to decreasing price over recent years. Sunflower and groundnuts segments are expected to register significant growth rates during the forecast period, due to growing demand in emerging countries.
Global Oilseeds Market Regional Analysis Market:
In 2019, North America oilseeds market currently dominates the global market with over 30% revenue share followed by the market in Latin America with above 15%. This is due to the fact that countries such as US, Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay are the largest producers of soybean and is estimated to account for 84.4% of the global production in 2019.
However, countries in Asia Pacific such as India and China are among the top soybean producing countries and is estimated to account for 7.5% of the global soybean production in 2019. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to register a significant growth during the forecast period, due to increasing oilseed production capacity, and increasing per capita consumption.
The oilseeds market in countries such as Argentina, Nigeria, Ukraine, and Russia are expected to register significant growth rates due to increasing demand for sunflower and groundnuts oilseeds in the aforementioned countries.
Global Top 10 Oilseeds Manufacturers Analysis, Insights, and Trends:
Key players in the market focus on enhancing their regional or local presence, through acquisition and setting up of new oilseed crushing plants, in emerging countries such as Brazil and China
- In June 2019, Wilmar International announced plans to increase its soybean crushing capacity in China. In addition, the company also plans to build oilseed crusher plant in Vietnam.
- In August 2018, The Archer Daniels Midland Company announced plans to acquire two Brazil-based oilseeds facilities from Algar Agro
The global top key oilseeds companies in 2019 are:
- Cargill, Incorporated
- The Archer Daniels Midland Company
- AGT Food and Ingredients
- Wilmar International
- Bühler Group
- Bunge Limited
- Loius Dreyfus Company
- CHS Inc.
- Cootamundra Oilseeds
- Oilseeds International
- Kanematsu Corporation
- Bora Agro Foods
By Product Type:
- Palm Kernel
By Seed Type:
- Genetically Modified
- Oilseed Meal
- Food Products
- Industrial Application
- Vegetable Oil
- Food Products
- Industrial Application
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the oilseeds market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the oilseeds market revenue is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the oilseeds market in near future
- Which current and upcoming technologies will shape up the oilseeds market?
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the oilseeds industry during the forecast period
- Who are the oilseeds industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth?
- Industry exclusive use cases
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Oilseeds Producers
- Distributors and Suppliers
- Oilseeds Processors
- Consultants and Analysts
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of global oilseeds market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.