In 2019, the global frozen potato market size is estimated to be valued at US$ 53.1 Bn primarily driven by increasing investment by various food service restaurants across the globe, increasing per capita consumption of potatoes in developing countries, and robust growth of online food delivery services. In addition, various quick service restaurants are focusing on expanding their presence through setting up new outlets across various countries.
- In February 2019, McDonald’s Corporation announced plans to invest $ 500 Mn in opening up new outlets in Australia. In addition, the company also announced plans to increase investment in Russia by 40% in 2019.
Global Frozen Potato Market Regional Analysis Market:
In 2019, North America frozen potato market currently dominates the global market with over 30% revenue share followed by the market in Europe with 13.2%. This is due to the fact that countries in the aforementioned regions have a higher per capita consumption of potatoes globally.
While the market in North America is dynamic with a wide varieties of frozen potato products, the adoption of frozen potatoes across food service industry in Europe is gaining more prevalence. This is primarily due to the fact that various restaurants and catering companies are focusing on using various types of frozen potato products such as duchesse potato, and mashed potato, apart from French fries.
Countries in the Europe such as the UK, France, and Germany, accounts for over 54% revenue share of the total Europe frozen potato market.
The frozen potato market in Asia Pacific are expected to register significant growth during the forecast period, due to high investments in the food service segment, and increasing consumer spending on food through service outlets. China accounts for the largest food service sales globally followed by North America.
Global Top 10 Frozen Potato Manufacturers Analysis, Insights, and Trends:
McCain Foods Limited, Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc., and The J. R. Simplot Company collectively dominates the global frozen potatoes market in 2019. These key players focus on enhancing their presence across the globe with the aid of acquisition.
- In June 2019, Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc. announced plans to acquire Ready Meals Pty Ltd., an Australia-based frozen potato processor, in order to enhance its presence in the country
- In May 2019, McCain Foods Limited announced plans to acquire Sérya, a Brazil-based frozen potato manufacturer, in order to enhance its presence in the country
The top 10 global frozen potato companies in 2019 are:
- McCain Foods Limited
- Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc.
- The J. R. Simplot Company
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Farm Frites International B.V.
- Aviko B.V.
- Agristo NV.
- Agrarfrost GmbH & Co. KG
- Himalya International Ltd.
- Bart’s Potato Company
By Product Type:
By End User:
- Household Consumers
By Distribution Channel:
- Food Service (Quick service restaurants, local or regional chains, etc.)
- Industrial (Schools, Cafeterias, Military, etc.)
- Retail Stores
- Convenient Stores
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the frozen potato market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the frozen potato market revenue is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the frozen potato market in near future
- Which current and upcoming technologies will shape up the frozen potato market?
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the frozen potato industry during the forecast period
- Who are the frozen potato industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth?
- Industry exclusive use cases
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Frozen Potato Manufacturers
- Distributors and Suppliers
- Raw Material Providers
- Consultants and Analysts
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of global frozen potato market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.