Global Catamaran Market Size Analysis, 2019-2028
|REPORT ID: BKR1036||Domain: Automotive & Transport||Published Date: May 2019|
|Pages: 253+||Format: PDF|
Catamaran market size is valued at US$ 1,310 million in 2019 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period. It is a twin hulled boat that is swift, stable and agile. From just being a sailboats, catamarans has evolved today in present era and is largely used for recreational, sports and luxury purposes. Not only these are used for general public, but also finds a great usage for coastal surveillance. These catamarans are also known as SWATH (Small Waterplane Area Twin Hull). Over the next ten years, the industry will create an incremental opportunity of US$ 542.4 million.
Key Trends and Factors Driving the Global Catamaran Market Revenue
- Introduction of Electric Catamaran is expected to Boost Industry Growth: Sustainable growth has been the buzzword since last five years. Automotive industry is registering disruptive changes in product technology as companies are shifting from conventional to electric based mobility. The same is seen across marine industry including catamaran. Recently, in May 2019, Hurtigruten partnered with Brim Explorer to introduce battery powered catamaran. The ship will be able to operate for 10 hours at a cruising speed of 10 knots post fully charged batteries. Several such trends are expected to be seen during the forecast period.
- Catamarans as Cruising Ship to Drive the Global Sales: Various companies are coming up with larger catamarans that are capable of withstanding higher load capacity. These are basically to opt for medium range cruisers. Popularity for such ship is also high among consumers. As such, upward trajectory sales has been noticed in catamarans for cruising purpose in last three years.
- Macroeconomic factors will also play a key role in global sales of catamaran. Higher per capita income, increasing river sports activity and upgradation in infrastructure will create favorable ecosystem for catamaran players. Technological advancement also plays a key role in catamaran market growth. Manufacturers are using lightweight material including aluminium products.
Global Catamaran Market Size and Forecast: Regional Analysis
North America Catamaran market accounted for 41% of global sales in 2018
North America has well developed coastal infrastructure. The demand for catamarans is high across various end-use segments ranging from cruise operators to personal sailing and military surveillance. Replacement rate is comparatively higher in the region since consumers look forward to modern design with value addition feature. Also, there are over 280 active catamarans with U.S. navy.
Western Europe stands next to North America. River sports is highly popular in Western Europe. France, Italy, UK are key countries registering highest sales of catamarans. The region recorded highest recreational spending in 2018 compared to other regions. Favorable sailing conditions, higher per capita income, and inter countries sports activities are key driving factors in the region. The region not only dominates the global sales but also is the manufacturing hub.
Global Catamaran Market Size and Forecast: Competition Landscape
The industry is characterized by presence of handful of players. Majority of the companies are focusing on launching customized and modern catamaran with higher load capacity. Some key Catamaran market players are:
- Robertson & Caine
- World Cat
- Incat Crowther
- Outremer Yachting
- LOMOcean Design
- Fountaine Pajot
- Catana Group
- iXblue H2X Division
- Alumarine Shipyard
By Vehicle Type:
- Powered Catamaran
- Sailing Catamaran
By Fleet Size:
- Large Size
- Recreational (Cruising, etc.)
- Passenger Transport
- Defence and Coastal Surveillance
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Catamaran market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Catamaran market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Catamaran market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Catamaran industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Catamaran industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Catamaran Industry Suppliers
- Catamaran Industry Manufacturers
- Consultants and Analysts
- Industry Specialists
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Catamaran market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.