Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Market Size Analysis
Autonomous Underwater Vehicle market size is estimated to be valued over US$ 370 Million in 2018, registering a CAGR of 16.9% between 2018 and 2028.
Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) is powered by batteries and performs operations in niche underwater applications without human assistance. These vehicles proves to be of high importance to human since these vehicles can collect, analyze and interpret data from areas where it gets difficult for human being to operate. Many technological advancement took place in last few years. Nowadays, they are coming up with installed multi-beam imaging sonar systems and side-scan sonar systems. Such technological upgradation will help market to further grow.
Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Market Value Analysis, By Vehicle Size
AUV sales revenue is analyzed across large fleets, midsize fleets and small fleets. In 2017, sales of large fleet dominated the market. Large AUV are not only used for daily exploration and research purposes but also for military services. As a result, large AUV market will continue to grow at a significant rate. In 2017, Large AUV sales was valued at US$ 160 million.
Small and midsize will continue to grow at healthy rate. Small fleets are generally carried out for geographical explorations and research purposes. Sales for such fleet is strong in Universities and research centers.
Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Market Share Analysis, By End-use: Defence Sector to Account for Highest Share
AUV are widely used across a range of sectors including defence, petrochemicals, exploration, environmental institutes, government bodies and private sectors. Among these, autonomous underwater vehicle sales was highest reported from Navy. The sector will continue to create high revenue opportunity for AUV manufacturers. Security and Surveillance are key factors driving the overall sales.
Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Market Size and Forecast: Regional Analysis
North America autonomous underwater vehicle market dominated the global sales. The region accounted for 57% of total vehicle sales in 2017 and will continue to grow owing to high scale demand from military sector. North America spends highest on military sector and is actively pushing for autonomous technology in the stream. Such initiative will have good impact on sales of AUV in the region.
Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Market Size and Forecast: Competition Landscape
Some key Autonomous Underwater Vehicle market players are:
- Kongsberg Maritime
- Teledyne Gavia
- Bluefin Robotics
- ECA Group
- Saab AB
- L3 OceanServer
- Hydromea SA
- International Submarine Engineering Ltd.
By Vehicle Type:
- Small Size Fleets
- Midsize Fleets
- Large Fleets
- Oil and Gas
- Chemical Industry
- Research Exploration
By Application Type:
- Entertainment and Infotainment
- Safety and Security
- Remote Diagnostics
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Industry Suppliers
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Industry Manufacturers
- Consultants and Analysts
- Industry Specialists
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.