Global Apheresis equipment market is estimated to be valued over US$ 1,770 million in 2019 and will register a CAGR of 9.8% to create high market opportunity for industry players. Apheresis equipment collect and separate blood components that are to be used in therapeutic procedures and donation. These equipment are used for Preeclampsia, Goodpasture syndrome, eclampsia, leukostasis polymyositis or dermatomyositis, and rheumatoid arthritis therapeutic application.
The industry is driven by increasing demand for blood supply, rise in geriatric population and growing prevalence of blood disorders. Chronic disease such as cardiovascular diseases is increasing at an alarming rate. As per the estimates, cardiovascular disease is increasing at a rate of 3.8% annually.
Global Apheresis Equipment Market Size: By Product
By product, the industry revenue is analyzed across devices and accessory kits. Apheresis equipment accounted for 41% of global sales. These devices are further analyzed across automated, semi-automated and others. Automated equipment is gaining prominence with change in healthcare business model. Here, there is no involvement of operator and process based on sensors.
Global Apheresis Equipment Market Size: By Procedure
Plasmapheresis is the highest used procedure. The procedure accounted for 53% share in 2018. It is a procedure similar to dialysis that filters blood and removes toxic antibodies. The number of plasmapheresis treatment varies from patients to patients.
Global Apheresis Equipment Market, By Region
Globally, North America apheresis equipment market dominated the global sales. The region accounted for 38.3% of total sales in 2018. The region is bestowed with quality healthcare infrastructure and higher healthcare spending. This in turn, has created favorable ecosystem.
Asia Pacific will register fastest growth and will be at central to future growth. Growth in the region is primarily driven by China and Japan. Improving healthcare amenities and rise in number of chronic cases is boosting overall sales in the region.
Global Apheresis Equipment Market Size and Forecast: Competition Landscape
The industry is highly consolidated with Fresenius, Terumo and Haemonetics accounting for over 83% of global sales. Key players covered in the report are:
Asahi Kasei Medical Co. Ltd.
Braun Melsungen AG
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Apheresis Equipment market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Apheresis Equipment market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Apheresis Equipment market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Apheresis Equipment industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Apheresis Equipment industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Sleep Diagnostic Systems market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.