In 2019, the global animal feed market value is estimated to be at US$ 454.5 Bn. In addition, the global animal feed market volume is estimated to be at 1,136 Mn metric tons in 2019. This is primarily driven by steady demand for animal protein and by products such as eggs and milk. Over recent years, the market witnessed an upper growth trajectory, primarily due to strong demand for high quality products. In addition, emphasis on safe feed products enable farms to ensure food safety, maintain or increase food quality and consistency, reduce production costs, and enhance animal health.
In 2019, feed cereals segment accounted for the largest revenue share of 47.2% of the total animal feed market and is estimated to be valued at US$ 213.5 Bn. Wheat, Maize, and soybean collectively accounts for the largest portion of feed cereals usage. In 2019, the global maize volume usage in the animal feed industry was above 610 Mn tonnes.
Global Animal Feed Market Regional Analysis:
In 2019, Asia Pacific animal feed market currently dominates the global market with over 35% revenue share followed by the market in Europe with 28.5%. In addition, Asia Pacific holds the largest number of mills in the world accounting for over 10,000 units. China accounts for over 60% of the total in Asia Pacific.
In terms of production, China and US accounts for over 35% of the total volume of animal feed produced in 2019. China is one of the fastest growing markets for soybean production.
The market in Africa and Latin America are expected to register significant growth during the forecast period, whereas the market in countries such as India, Vietnam are expected to register moderate growth.
Global Top 10 Animal Feed Manufacturers Analysis, Insights, and Trends:
The top 10 key players account for over 11% of the total animal feed production in 2019. These key players focus on enhancing their presence in emerging countries through setting up of new plants. Some of the recent key developments are as follows;
- In February 2019, Cargill, Inc. announced plans to set up a greenfield premix plant in Rajasthan, India, in order to support livestock farmers in the state
- In October 2018, Cargill, Inc. opened its feed mill in Vietnam, in order to cater to cater to growing demand for animal feed in the country
In addition to setting up of new plants, certain key players focus on acquisition of local or regional players in order to enhance their presence
- In February 2019, Tyson Foods, Inc. announced plans to acquire assets of of BRF S.A. located at Thailand and Europe. The deal is estimated to be valued at US$ 340 Mn.
The top 10 global animal feed companies in 2019 are:
- The Charoen Pokphand Group
- New Hope Group
- Cargill, Inc.
- Land O’Lakes
- Wen’s Food Group
- Tyson Foods, Inc.
- ForFarmers N.V.
- East Hope Group
- JA Zen-Noh
By Product Type:
- Feed Cereals
- Cakes & Meals
- Co-products from food and bioethanol industries
- Oils & Fats
- Dairy Products
- Dried Forage
- Minerals, Additives and Vitamins
By Animal Application:
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the animal feed market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the animal feed market revenue is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the animal feed market in near future
- Which current and upcoming technologies will shape up the animal feed market?
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the animal feed industry during the forecast period
- Who are the animal feed industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth?
- Industry exclusive use cases
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Animal Feed Manufacturers
- Distributors and Suppliers
- Raw Material Providers
- Consultants and Analysts
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of global animal feed market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.