The global aircraft sensor market value is estimated to be at US$ 4.3 Bn in 2019 and is expected to register a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period. This is primarily driven by advancements in semiconductor industry and decreasing cost of sensors and related devices.
Currently wired-based aircraft sensor is estimated to still dominate the global aircraft sensor market with over 90% revenue share in 2019. However, wireless segment is anticipated to register significant growth rate in the near future. The prime reason for increasing adoption are to reduce the overall weight of the aircraft and increase the payload space, through the reduction of physical cables.
- In January 2019, Armstrong Flight Research Center announced the development of wireless sensors based on gateway that uses a software-defined radio (SDR) to control the flow of information among various wireless devices and a vehicle’s avionics
Global Aircraft sensor Market Regional Analysis:
In 2019, the North America market currently dominates the global aircraft sensor market with over 25% revenue share followed by Europe with over 20%. This is primarily driven by steady investments in the military aircrafts.
- In April 2019, KKR & Co. Inc. partnered with Altavair AirFinance, in order to invest into procuring cargo aircrafts. The initial investment is estimated to be valued at US$ 1 Bn, part of which will go into procuring 6 cargo aircrafts.
The market in Asia Pacific is expected to register significant growth during the forecast period primarily due to the increasing air passenger and cargo traffic. Asia Pacific accounts for over 30% of passenger traffic and over 35% of cargo traffic in the world. In addition, China and India are leading countries in terms of passenger and cargo traffic.
World Top Aircraft Sensors Manufacturers Analysis, Insights, and Trends:
Various players in the ecosystem focus on introducing new products launches and acquisition of other player in order to broaden their product offerings
- In March 2019, TransDigm Group completed the acquisition of Esterline Technologies Corporation, a US-based supplier to the aerospace and defense industry specializing in three core business segments: Advanced Materials; Avionics & Controls; and Sensors & Systems, in order to broaden their product offerings
- In August 2017, Honeywell International, Inc. launched new series of self-diagnosing sensors for aircrafts in order to broaden its product offerings
The top global aircraft sensor companies in 2019 are:
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Ametek, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Meggitt PLC
- Safran S.A.
- Woddward Inc.
- Thales Group
- Zodiac Aerospace
By Aircraft Type:
By Platform Type:
- Rotary Aircraft
- Fixed-wing Aircraft
By Sensor Type:
- Speed and Torque
- Flight Deck & Control System
- Fluid Conveyance
- Landing Gear
- Environment Control System
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the aircraft sensor market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the aircraft sensor market revenue is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the aircraft sensor market in near future
- Which current and upcoming technologies will shape up the aircraft sensor market?
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the aircraft sensor industry during the forecast period
- Who are the aircraft sensor industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth?
- Industry exclusive use cases
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Aircraft Manufacturers
- Aircraft Sensor Manufacturers
- Distributors and Suppliers
- Raw Material Providers
- Consultants and Analysts
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of global aircraft sensor market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.