Global Radiation Therapy Equipment Market size is estimated to be valued over US$ 5,913 million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 6.1% between 2019 and 2028. The industry is highly consolidated with leading players accounting for three fourth of market share. In the last few years, companies started focusing on enhancing sales presence and partnering with third party suppliers in order to lower cost. It is expected that competition in the market will heighten as a result of industry players adopting inorganic growth strategy.
- Rise in chronic illness cases, demanding early diagnosis and effective treatment will propel the sales of radiation therapy equipment. According to the World Cancer Research Fund, over 17 million new cancer cases were diagnosed in 2018. The number of such cases is increasing at alarming rate owing to sedentary lifestyles. Demand for effective treatment will boost the equipment sales.
- Technological advancement will play a pivotal role in sales. Consumers are moving towards personalized solution. In future, this will be a key strategic trends for the companies. Equipment design will be centric to companies’ strategy in order to strengthen market presence.
Global Radiation Therapy Equipment Market Size, Analysis across Segments:
- On the basis of therapy, the industry revenue is analyzed across external beam radiation therapy, internal beam radiation therapy and systematic radiation therapy. Among these, systematic beam radiation therapy accounted for the highest share in 2018. External radiation therapy is widely used in case of cancer related cases and is projected to register fastest growth during the forecast period.
- On the basis of equipment, the industry revenue is analyzed across Radiosurgery, Proton Therapy, Brachytherapy, Adaptive Radiotherapy, Intra-operative radiotherapy (IORT), Molecular Radiotherapy.
- On the basis of end-use, the revenue is analyzed across hospitals, specialty clinics, diagnostic centers, ambulatory surgical centers. Among these, majority of the procedure was carried out in hospitals. Sales of radiation therapy equipment in hospitals accounted for 61% of total sales.
Global Radiation Therapy Equipment Market Size, Regional Analysis:
Sales of radiation therapy equipment was predominantly higher in North America. This is mainly attributed to well established healthcare infrastructure, good reimbursement policies and rising number of chronic illness cases in the region. On supply side, companies mainly operate through direct distribution channel, long term partnership with end-use clients and product level innovation. Western Europe trails behind North America.
Western Europe trails behind North America, accounting for 31% of global radiation therapy equipment sales in 2018. Germany dominated the sales followed by UK and France.
Global Radiation Therapy Equipment Market Size, Competition Landscape:
Some of the key industry players covered in the report are:
- GE Healthcare
- Accuray Incorporated
- Elekta AB
- Varian Medical Systems Inc.
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Hitachi America Ltd.
- RaySearch Laboratories AB
- IBA Group
- Philips Healthcare
- BrainLab AG
- Nordion Inc.
By Therapy Type:
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Internal Beam Radiation Therapy
- Systematic Radiation Therapy
By Equipment Type:
- Proton Therapy
- Adaptive Radiotherapy
- Intra-operative radiotherapy (IORT)
- Molecular Radiotherapy
- Specialized Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Apheresis Equipment market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Apheresis Equipment market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Apheresis Equipment market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Apheresis Equipment industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Apheresis Equipment industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Sleep Diagnostic Systems market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.