Global Phenoxyethanol market size is estimated to be valued over USD 197 million in 2019 and will register a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period. It is primarily used as a synthetic preservative in cosmetics and personal care products. Phenoxyethanol has been proven efficient in large range of formulas and pH ranges and is highly versatile. It is due to this that it is used in cosmetic products in lower amounts.
The industry growth is supported by a range of macroeconomic factors and other supply chain drivers. Consumer market has grown manifold in last few years with rise in per capita income, urbanization and changing lifestyle. The effect of which could be seen in allied markets including phenoxyethanol demand. One such sector is consmetic market. Today, a large number of beauty product companies uses phenoxyethanol as ingredient for higher shelf life.
Global Phenoxyethanol Market Size and Forecast: By Application
By application, Phenoxyethanol market is segmented into homecare, additives, inks and dyes, personal care, coatings, healthcare and others. Among these, homecare accounted for 21% market share in 2018. The chemical finds its application in detergents and and other cleaning fluids. In personal care products, the chemical is used in soaps, cleansing wipes moisturisers, cleansers, and baby skin creams. The segment will register fastest growth in the market.
Phenoxyethanol also finds usage in pharmaceutical segment. A range of companies uses it as ingredient in drug and vaccine manufacturing. For instance, LYMErix, produced by GlaxoSmithKline, has phenoxyethanol as a preservative in small quantity.
Global Phenoxyethanol Market Size and Forecast: Regional Analysis
Globally, Asia Pacific accounted for 39% market share in 2018. The region will continue to register significant growth during the forecast period. China is the most lucrative region in Asia Pacific, followed by India and Japan. Asia Pacific will also register fastest growth during the forecast period.
Western Europe stands next to Asia Pacific. Germany, France and UK are key countries in the region. Together, they accounted for 63% of regional share in 2018. However, these countries are expected to lose market share by 511 basis points.
Global Phenoxyethanol Market Size and Forecast: Competition Landscape
Key Phenoxyethanol players are:
- Ashland Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G)
- Penta Manufacturing Company
- Akema Fine Chemicals
- BASF SE
- Finetech Industry Limited
- Galaxy Surfactants Ltd.
- Personal Care
- Hair Care
- Face Care
- Skin Care
- Home Care
- Inks and Dyes
- Phenoxyethanol P5
- Phenoxyethanol P25
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Phenoxyethanol market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Phenoxyethanol market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Phenoxyethanol market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Phenoxyethanol industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Phenoxyethanol industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Phenoxyethanol Industry Suppliers
- Phenoxyethanol Industry Manufacturers
- Consultants and Analysts
- Industry Specialists
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Phenoxyethanol market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions