Global Peracetic Acid market size is estimated to be valued over USD 710 million in 2019 and will register a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period. Growth in the market is primarily attributed to increasing sales of food and beverage industry – which in turn has created favorable ecosystem for players. Peracetic acid, also known as acetyl hydroperoxide is produced in control environment by holding reactions between hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid. It is considered as one of the most oxidizing agent next only to ozone.
Peracetic industry is antimicrobial in nature and good preservative that finds application in food and beverage sector. This is especially true in case of processed foods. Other factors that rightly contribute to growing demand is increasing population, rise in per capita income and changing lifestyle. Corporate lifestyle has led to high sales of packaged foods. As such, whole allied ecosystem has benefited including peracetic acid market. It is widely used by poultry and fishery industry. Besides, food application, the chemicals is also used as disinfectants and personal care applications. While peracetic acid has numerous benefits, direct exposure to Peracetic acid can lead to allergy, and other potential side effects to health. Large concentration is generally avoided.
Global Peracetic Acid Market Size and Forecast: By Product Type
By product, peracetic acid revenue is segmented into solution grade and distilled grade. Among these, solution grade accounted for the highest share. Solution grades with 12% to 15% PAA is used in large scale.
Global Peracetic Acid Market Size and Forecast: By End-User
By end-use, peracetic acid market is segmented into food & beverages, pulp & paper bleaching, water treatment, agriculture, medical and others. Amon these, food & beverage segment accounted for 44% market share in 2018. Processed food industry was valued over US$ 79 billion in 2018 and is registering impressive growth. Sales has particularly increased in developing regions.
Global Peracetic Acid Market Size and Forecast: Regional Analysis
Globally, Asia Pacific accounted for 39% market share in 2018. The region will continue to register significant growth during the forecast period. China is the most lucrative region in Asia Pacific, followed by India and Japan. Asia Pacific will also register fastest growth during the forecast period.
Western Europe stands next to Asia Pacific. Germany, France and UK are key countries in the region. Together, they accounted for 69% of regional share in 2018. However, these countries are expected to lose market share by 377 basis points.
Global Peracetic Acid Market Size and Forecast: Competition Landscape
The industry is highly consolidated with leading players accounting for major share of the market.
Key Peracetic Acid players are:
- Diversey, Airedale Chemical Company
- Loeffler Chemical Corporation
- Enviro Tech Chemical Services
- Thai Peroxide
- Hydrite Chemical
- Food & Beverages
- Paper and pulp
- Water Treatment
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Peracetic Acid market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Peracetic Acid market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Peracetic Acid market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Peracetic Acid industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Peracetic Acid industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Peracetic Acid Industry Suppliers
- Peracetic Acid Industry Manufacturers
- Consultants and Analysts
- Industry Specialists
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Peracetic Acid market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions