Global Digital Microfluidics Market Size is estimated to be valued at over US$ 650 Million in 2022– and is expected to register a CAGR of above 30.0% between 2021 and 2030. Digital microfluidics market is expected to surpass 1,000 Mn by end of 2024, primarily due to factors such as Increasing prevalence in chronic disease and technological advancements in microfluidics.
Digital Microfluidics Competition Landscape
In 2022, the top five digital microfluidics manufacturers are Oxford Nanopore Technologies, GeneMark Diagnostics, BGI, Baebies, Inc., Micronit, and others. These players are currently focusing on acquisitions and new product development. GeneMark Diagnostics and BGI collectively accounted for over 45% revenue share in the global digital microfluidics market.
New players focus on raising funds in order to support further development activities
- In April 2021, Baebies received US$ 11.6 million as funding from CARB-X. The funding is intended to support the development of a near-patient and rapid diagnostic platform for sepsis. As of May 2021, the company has raised a total of US$ 28.3 Mn from 173 investors in order to develop and commercialize newborn screening and pediatric testing solutions. The company has delivered 10 million screenings since its inception in 2014.
Key Trends and Factors Driving Digital Microfluidics System Market
- Partnerships Among manufacturers in Order to Broaden Solution Portfolio: Key players focus on partnering and collaborating with research institutes and other companies in order to broaden their solution portfolio.
- In August 2021, researchers at Suzhou Institute of Biomedical Engineering and Technology proposed a novel method for digital microfluidic droplet generation. The new method is based on the principle that the symmetrical tearing of the droplet can maintain the balance of surface tension at the geometric center. This droplet splitting method exceeds the geometric limit of electrowetting-on-dielectric (EWOD).
- In February 2020, Miroculus, Inc. partnered with Twist Bioscience Corporation, in order to focus on next-generation sequencing target enrichment and library preparation tools for clinical research.
Digital Microfluidics Market Analysis, By Segments
- On the basis of workflow type, global digital microfluidics market is segmented into whole genome sequencing, whole exome sequencing, targeted sequencing & resequencing. Whole genome sequencing segment is estimated to register highest growth rate during the forecast period.
- By application, the global digital microfluidics market is segmented into cancer diagnostics, reproductive health diagnostics, infectious disease diagnostics, other disease detection, agriculture and animal research, others. Infectious disease diagnostics segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2022.
- By end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals & diagnostic centers, academic & research institutes, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and others. Hospitals & diagnostic centers accounted for the largest revenue share in 2022.
Digital microfluidics Market Analysis, By Region
North America dominated the global digital microfluidics market, with an estimated revenue share of above 50% in 2022. The region is expected to lose market share to Asia Pacific and Western Europe. While North America dominated the global share, Asia Pacific is expected to register fastest CAGR of above 40% during the forecast period. The region will generate over 30.0 X higher revenue opportunity between 2021 and 2030.
In Asia Pacific, China will continue to dominate the digital microfluidics market share during the forecast period. China digital microfluidics market is estimated to be valued at over US$ 50 Million in 2022.
In Western Europe, physical digital microfluidics dominated the total sales. Majority of the sales was witnessed in Germany.
Leading Digital Microfluidics Players in the Market
Some of the key companies covered in the report are:
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- GeneMark Diagnostics
- Baebies, Inc.
- eMALDI BV
- Miroculus, Inc.
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the digital microfluidics market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the digital microfluidics market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the digital microfluidics market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the digital microfluidics industry during the forecast period
- Who are the digital microfluidics industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth.
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of digital microfluidics market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.