Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor market size is valued at US$ 25.7 billion in 2019 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.3% during the forecast period. Higher sales of automotive vehicles and installation of value added and comfort features across all range of cars. Demand for AC compressors in car is registering upward trajectory growth since 2010. As a result, large scale enterprises are actively strengthening their market reach and increasing production capacity. The trend was noticed across major players. Furthermore, the industry is expected to be hypercompetitive with rise in automotive production.
Key Trends and Factors Driving the Global Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor Market Revenue
- Companies are leveraging technological advancement on product design to offer high performance compressors across range of vehicles. Noise cancellation Eco-friendly air conditioning compressors has also gained prominence in the market. In 2017, Sanden Corporation announced the development of CO2 refrigerant compressor for mass produced passenger cars. The company started supplying these CO2 AC compressors to Daimler in 2017.
- Expected increase in sales of automotive vehicles will continue to bolster the growth of AC compressors worldwide. As per the estimates, a record 79 million units were sold in 2018. Global sales will continue to register at significant rate, thereby creating higher revenue opportunity for industry players.
- South Asian region will witness installation of AC compressors through aftermarket. Aftermarket sales holds huge market prominence considering, the increasing per capita income and changing lifestyle. Value addition feature is getting installed across range of vehicles.
- Stringent regulatory compliance is also playing a major role in sales and development of innovative automotive AC compressors. For instance, the European directive on mobile air conditioning systems (MACs), introduced a ban for the use of refrigerant gas with a global warming potential (GWP) higher than 150 applicable for all new cars sold in the EU since 2017. These moves are in accordance with protecting ozone layers.
- Merger acquisition and plant expansion is the major trend witnessed in the air conditioning compressor market. In April 2019, Toyota and Denso reached agreement towards transferring core electronic component operations to Denso. Earlier, in 2014, Toyota entered in partnership with Denso to establish Yantai Shougang TD Automotive Compressor Co., Ltd., an automotive air conditioning compressor units in China. The company has production capacity of over 2 million units. Another company – Zhejiang Santian Auto Air Conditioning increased their annual production capacity to over 50,000 units.
Global Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor Market Size and Forecast: Vehicle Type Analysis
Passenger cars to account for 81% sales revenue for automotive AC compressor market players in 2019
Based on the vehicle type, industry revenue is analyzed across commercial and passenger vehicles. These are further analyzed across light weight vehicles and heavy duty vehicles. On a broader level, passenger vehicles will continue to dominate the global share owing to higher sales of these vehicles.
Global Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor Market Size and Forecast: Regional Analysis
Asia Pacific Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor market accounted for 42% of global sales in 2018.
Sales in Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global sales owing to higher sales of automotive vehicles in the region. China, Japan and India are the major market that registered highest sales of automotive AC compressors. China is the leading manufacturer of cars worldwide. This has led automotive AC compressors market to consolidate in the OEM China. Moreover, major manufacturers have their production plant in the region to minimize the operational cost and generate higher return on investment (ROI).
North America accounted for the second largest revenue destination for industry players followed by Western Europe. Emergence of electric cars and buses will fuel the growth in the region.
Global Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor Market Size and Forecast: Competition Landscape
Some key Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor market players are:
- Sanden Corporation
- Denso Corporation
- Yantai Shougang TD Automotive Compressor Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Santian Auto Air Conditioning Compressor Co. Ltd
- HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co
- Valeo SA
- Calsonic Kansei Corporation
- Dunair Smiths Manufacturing PTY Ltd.
By Vehicle Type:
- Light Weight Vehicles
- Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Weight Vehicles
By Product Type:
- Swash Plate
- Rotary Vane
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor industry during the forecast period
- Who are the Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth
Who will benefit from the Report?
- Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor Industry Suppliers
- Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor Industry Manufacturers
- Consultants and Analysts
- Industry Specialists
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of Automotive Air Conditioning Compressor market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.