Global 3D bioprinting Market Size is estimated to be valued at US$ 202.7 Million in 2022– and is expected to register a CAGR of 41.4% between 2021 and 2030. 3D bioprinting market surpassed 1 Bn market by end of 2027, primarily due to factors such as need for artificial organs for replacements, increasing demand for non-animal drug testing, and growing demand for organ transplant, etc.
3D bioprinting is the deposition of living cells in a spatially controlled manner in the absence of any pre-existing scaffold and in more than a single layer. 3D bioprinting holds huge potential to disrupt the way in which a product could be designed, developed and manufactured. The industry has seen the emergence of numerous start-ups, spin-outs, and subsidiaries in last six years. Interest in the field of 3D bioprinting is gaining momentum not only from academics but also from commercial settings.
3D bioprinting Competition Landscape
In 2021, top seven 3D bioprinting companies accounted for over 30% of the total market share. The top five players in the 3D bioprinting market are Cellink AB, Aspect Biosystems, Cellbricks GmbH, Digilab, Organovo. Aspect Biosystems had the largest funding of 30 Mn and is currently focusing on collaborations with universities in order to develop new products.
Key players focus on partnering with various local and regional players in order to enhance its presence especially in developed and emerging countries
- In July 2020, PeptiGelDesign announced Appleton Woods as its UK distributor partner for PeptiGel range of synthetic hydrogels for 3D cell culture, spheroid and organoid growth and drug discovery
- In September 2020, GeSiM partnered with InnoRegen, Inc., a South Korean-based bioink company, in order to sale the latter company’s bioink products
Key Trends and Factors Driving 3D bioprinting System Market
- Mergers Acquisition Trends: In addition to the product development, companies are strategically focusing on mergers and acquisition for long term market sustenance.
- In August 2020, Cellink AB entered into an agreement to acquire Scienion Ag, in order to adopt the latter’s precision dispensing technologies in to its current product offerings
- In May 2020, CELLINK announced partnership with AstraZeneca to provide advanced 3D-bioprinted liver organoids. CELLINK has an R&D lab in AstraZeneca’s BioVentureHub in Gothenburg, Sweden. The new collaboration will leverage CELLINK’s innovative and patent-pending bioink, Extra Cellular Matrix and Laminin based bioinks, which enables human cells to grow and function as they would in the human body.
3D bioprinting Market Analysis, By Segments
- On the basis of product type, global 3D bioprinting market is segmented into 3D bioprinter (inkjet, extrusion, laser induced forward transfer, microvalve), bioinks, biomaterials, and Consumables. Electro-pneumatic 3D bioprinter is estimated to account for largest share in 2022.
- By Application, the market is segmented into regenerative medicines, drug discovery, tablet printing, cell-based biosensors, academic research, and others. In terms of highest growth, regenerative medicines segment is expected to register highest CAGR during the forecast period.
3D bioprinting Market Analysis, By Region
North America dominated the global 3D bioprinting market, with an estimated 55% revenue share in 2022. The region is expected to lose market share to Asia Pacific and Western Europe. While North America dominated the global share, Asia Pacific is expected to register fastest CAGR of 52.5% during the forecast period. The region will generate over 35 X higher revenue opportunity between 2021 and 2030.
In Asia Pacific, China will continue to dominate the 3D bioprinting market share during the forecast period. China 3D bioprinting market is estimated to be valued at US$ 12.2 Million in 2022.
In Western Europe, 3D bioprinter dominated the total sales. Majority of the sales was witnessed in Germany.
Leading 3D bioprinting Market Players
Some of the key companies covered in the report are:
- 3D Bioprinting Solutions/Vivax Bio
- 3Dynamic Systems
- Aspect Biosystems
- BioBots (now Allevi)
- BioDan Group
What Will You Discover in the Report?
- An in-depth analysis of the 3D bioprinting market across regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa.
- How the 3D bioprinting market sales is expected to grow throughout the forecast period.
- How geopolitical policies and technological changes will affect the 3D bioprinting market in near future
- Where the stakeholders should invest to generate higher profit margins
- How consumers (end-users) will reflect to the 3D bioprinting industry during the forecast period
- Who are the 3D bioprinting industry leaders and what are the key initiatives taken by them for long term growth
Analyst access with Bekryl Market Analysts
Purchasing of 3D bioprinting market research report will give clients access to 120 minutes telephonic access with a research analyst. The duration for access to analysts will be based on the report subscription editions.